Director of Recreation
Emerson Health and Rehab in Emerson (Bergen County), NJ is seeking qualified director.
Family owned and operated and newly renovated, Emerson Health and Rehabilitation Center is widely recognized as the best Bergen County Nursing Home for the high quality nursing care and rehabilitation services provided to its residents. Emerson Health & Rehabilitation Center has been rated as amongst the nation’s Best Nursing Home by U.S. News and World Report in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and again in 2017 as well as being deficiency free for five consecutive years. Our experienced health care services team offers comprehensive programs that are customized to serve the needs of each resident. Our detailed programs provide our residents with the total physical, emotional, and supportive services they need to maintain their quality of life. We are a Medicare and Medicaid certified skilled nursing facility and sub-acute rehabilitation center licensed for 155 patients and residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, and team oriented Director of Activities to run our state of the art activities “Fun Team”.
- Plan, schedule and implement a program of individual and group activities based on residents’ schedule and interests.
- Design and upload calendar of events monthly to Teleagenda program
- Design and create newsletter every two months using Illustratus.
- Assess and complete the sections of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) assigned completely, timely and accurately.
- Participate as an active member of the interdisciplinary team and attend all resident care conferences.
- Plan and conduct Residents’ Council meetings.
- Recruit, schedule and supervise activity assistants and volunteers.
- Identify and document in the resident’s care plan, the activity interests, needs, and concerns of the resident.
ADC or CTRS and five years of experience as a Director of Activities in Long Term Care.